Editorial: Good luck with the semester!

Welcome back, Seawolves! We are happy to see the campus filled with life again.

We hope your break was filled with adventures, from getting out of the country for a fun trip to just barely waking up before noon. Maybe you learned something new, saw something incredible or did something awesome. Or maybe your break was filled with trips around the world or just trips to your fridge. No matter what your break consisted of, we hope it was exactly what you wanted and that you are energized for the new semester.

The spring semester always progresses quickly, with work adding up before you get the chance to fully settle in. Take full advantage of the cold weather and stay on top of those beginning assignments—we recommend taking care of the heavy work now while the weather is still frigid.

At the beginning of every semester, The Statesman comes up with a set of goals we seek to accomplish. Some of them are objectives that we always attempt to improve upon—such as increased coverage of events and continued expansion of our social media presence—while some are new to this organization, like the production of numerous broadcast shows that will begin to air online by the end of February.

The Statesman will be holding an open house to present students with what we do, how we operate and demonstrate the opportunities available to students who are interested in getting involved with the most trusted news organization on campus. We are looking for people who are interested in writing for any section, photographers and cartoonists. The open house is planned for Tuesday, Feb. 4, at  7 p.m., so plan to be there!

Lastly, we wish you the best of luck on your first day of classes and for the rest of the semester!