Softball splits two at FAU

The Seawolves split their two games on Sunday, with a 6-1 win over Florida A&M, and a 1-0 loss to Louisiana-Monroe. Junior Christine Lucido picthed a complete game against the Rattlers to pick up her fifth win of the year.Despite only giving up one run to Louisiana-Monroe in the first game, the Seawolves could not score at all and were shut out. Freshman Jane Sallen allowed just two hits in three innings and allowed a sacrifice fly in the third for Stony Brook. Sophomore Allison Cukrov relieved Sallen and did not allow a run in four innings and struck out three.

The Seawolves only managed two hits, one from sophomore Bria Green and one by freshman Diane Caruso. Stony Brook threatened in the sixth inning, as Caruso led off with a single, but pinch runner Nicole Schieferstein was left stranded at third base.

Lucido picked things up for Stony Brook in the second game, as she struck out five in the complete game win against Florida A&M.

Stony Brook scored first in the third inning, when junior Olivia Mintun scored off of an error. They scored four more runs in the fourth inning, three coming off of two Florida A&M errors. Junior Jessica Combs plated the other run with an RBI double.

Redshirt junior Jessica Zeilman brought home another run in the seventh with her third single of the game.

Stony Brook scored six runs against Florida A&M, despite only scoring six runs in their first four games combined.

Combs batted .500 this weekend, with seven hits. Sallen led the Seawolves with a 1.91 ERA in 11 innings.

The Seawolves will host the Stony Brook Invitational next weekend, opening up play against Yale on Friday at 11:30 a.m.