Men’s lacrosse victorious in second conference game

After a disappointing out of conference part of the season which saw the team go 1-7, the team looked forward to the start of America East conference play, saying it was a new season.
With Saturday’s 13-5 blowout win over Binghamton, the team is now 2-0 in conference play.
Stony Brook jumped out to a 4-0 lead within the first 4 minutes of the game on goals from senior Robbie Campbell, sophomore Matt Bellando, red-shirt freshman Mike Rooney and senior Adam Dahms.
Binghamton’s Brandon Planck and Kelly Donigan scored near the end of the first quarter to bring the Bearcats back to within two.
After Stony Brook senior Russ Bonnano scored the lone goal of the second quarter, the Seawolves would outscore Binghamton 5-1 in the third quarter and blow the game open.
Rooney scored Stony Brook’s final four goals, finishing the game with a career-high five goals.
Campbell and Bellando had two goals each, and junior Jeff Tundo had three assists.
Binghamton out-shot Stony Brook 48-27 in the game. Michael Antinozzi, who led the Bearcats with 19 shot attempts, did not score.
Stony Brook will look to extend it’s two-game winning streak next Saturday, April 14, against UMBC.