Women’s Lacrosse Dominates in Season Finale

Burlington, VT.- In their final game of the regular season, the Stony Brook University Seawolves took care of business with an 18-9 win over Vermont. Saturday’s victory gave the Seawolves a share of the America East title with Boston University (BU). Both teams finished with 5-1 conference records, but the Seawolves won the head to head match-up with BU, giving them the tie breaker and the right to host the America East Championships.

A dominant first half ensured the Seawolves a smooth game in the second. Amy Hallion put the Seawolves up at less than five minutes into the game off her unassisted goal,’ to spark’ an early 4-0 run. A Vermont goal at 22:05 would make it a 4-1 game. Moments later the Seawolves would go on another four’ goal run,’ with four different players finding the back of the net. With 9 minutes remaining in the first, the Seawolves went up 13-4, a commanding lead that proved impossible for Vermont to overcome.

In a post game press conference, Seawolves’ head coach Allison Comito said, ‘This was a very big game for our program’hellip; I’m very proud of our team.’

The Seawolves had Hallion, Jenna Celano, Amy Taylor and Diana Caroleo all score hat tricks. Taylor added three assists for a game high six points. For Vermont, Kristen Millar had an outstanding performance with four goals, but could find little help from other teammates.

This Friday the Seawolves host UAlbany at 7:00 PM at LaValle Stadium. Should they move on, SBU will face the winner of the New Hampshire- BU match-up.