Mykeema Ford Signs Pro Contract

Washington, D.C. – After a stellar career at Stony Brook University (SBU) for the last four years, Mykeema Ford is moving on to the next level. On Apr. 22, Ford signed a contract with the WNBA’s Washington Mystics, one of 20 players invited to training camp.

‘I’m very excited for her,’ said former WNBA and current SBU head coach Maura McHugh. ‘I know she can play in that league. She has the body, the quickness and the strength. She’s such a talented player.’

Ford has certainly proved herself this season, winning the America East Player of the Year award with averages of 19.2 ppg and 3.9 assists. Combined with forward center Jessica Smith, Ford took the team to new heights with an 18-10 regular season record and second place in the America East Conference. She stands as the Seawolves’ second all-time leading score with 1,831 points and holds SBU records for both 3 pointers attempted and made, along with assists.

Final cuts will be made on May 18 as the Washington Mystics trim their final roster down to 11 spots, along with two as injury reserves. The Mystics’ season begins May 19 against the Connecticut Sun.