Men’s and women’s swimming and diving drop final meet of the season

The Stony Brook University swimming and diving teams finished their regular season with two loses at Binghamton University on Saturday; the men lost 172.5-108.5, and the women lost 173-127.
    For the men, freshman Cole Underwood finished in second twice in the 200 freestyle (1:47.21) and the 500 freestyle (4:53.25).
    For the women, sophomore Allison Zelnick had her season-best effort in the 200 backstroke, finishing first with a time of 2:07.88. Senior Stephanie Gross scored first in the 100 butterfly. Junior Andjelija Sreckovic also took first in the 200 freestyle.
    Senior Darcy Heuser had an eventful day as she managed three individual wins in the 100, 500 and 1,000 freestyle, in which she had a time of 10:28.98, a season best for the team.The next event on the Seawolves’ agenda is the 2012 America East Championship meet in three weeks’ time, Feb. 23-26, in Boston, Mass.
    It will be the third time that the Seawolves will ship up to Boston after their meet against Boston University and the University of Maine on Nov. 5, 2011 and the Terrier Invitational  Nov. 18-20, 2011.