SBU celebrates as the Giants take home the Super Bowl

There are many memorable moments when getting together with family and friends for the Super Bowl. The New York Giants took on the New England Patriots at 6:30 p.m., and fans watched and waited to see which team will take home the trophy. But in order to cheer for your team and high five your friends, one must have a full tummy. The Food Network website has a unique Super Bowl party foods for those who do not know what is usually on the menu. Traditional foods include, grilled beef satay, chunky guacamole, french onion dip and buffalo wings to name a few.
    The students of Stony Brook University have their special way of celebrating on a day when the whole of the United States probably has their eyes glued to the television. The Residence Hall Association threw the annual Super Bowl party at the GLS & HDV Center.  As chitter-chatter filled the room, free food was offered as the line swung around the whole room, where students waited their turn to get a plate before the game started. They expressed how they bring in the Super Bowl as if they were bringing in the New Year.
    So what is in SBU’s super bowl? Is it tasty finger foods, a hero sandwich, tortilla chips, dipping source and maybe a pack of bud light? A great view on a 50-inch flat-screen television or a normal 30-inch running the Super Bowl XLVI, with a center table packed with typical favorite Super Bowl meals is a typical way to start off the night whether you’re at home or at a bar. This event is always so highly anticipated that Stony Brook University decided to support it. Super Bowl wings special all day at Roth Café, Kelly Dining Center and Union Commons for all students on campus for the Super Bowl only.