Around the America East: Men’s Basketball

Vermont is 13-10 (7-2 AE) and riding a four-game win streak since losing to New Hampshire on Jan. 14. Vermont tied the season series against New Hampshire on Sunday, by defeating it 77-60. Freshman Four McGlynn had 20 points and a steal in the victory. Next up for the Catamounts is a rematch against Boston University. Last time they met they defeated the Terriers 83-69.
    Boston University is 11-12 (7-2 AE) and coming off a 66-57 loss to top-seeded Stony Brook. Before losing to the Seawolves, the Terriers won seven games in a row, most in decisive fashion. In the loss to Stony Brook, senior Darryl Partin had 21 points. Next up for Boston is a home game against Vermont.
    Albany is 14-9 (6-3 AE) and  on a two-game win streak. On Saturday, it defeated Hartford 72-60, and junior Logan Aronhalt had a team high 17 points. On Wednesday, it will take on UMBC at home.
    Maine is 10-10 (4-5 AE) on the season and also on a two-game win streak. In its last victory itdefeated Binghamton 67-59, with freshman guard Justin Edwards leading the way with 18 points. Coming up for the Black Bears is a game at UMBC, followed by a home game against Vermont.
    Hartford is 4-17 (4-5 AE) and currently on a three-game losing streak. On Saturday, it lost to Albany 72-60, but senior Andres Torres led all scorers with 18 points. Coming up for the Hawks is a game at New Hampshire.
    UMBC is 3-17 (2-6 AE) and is on a two-game losing streak. On Jan. 24, it lost to Boston 83-48, with Chase Plummer leading the way with 17 points and nine rebounds. Next up for the Retrievers is a game at Albany.
    New Hampshire is 7-13 (2-7 AE) and also riding a two-game losing streak. Its last game was a 77-60 loss to Vermont. Coming up for the Wildcats is a home game against Hartford.
    Binghamton is 0-21 (0-9 AE) on the season. Binghamton has a rough stretch coming up as it plays at Stony Brook and against Boston, as it looks for its first victory of the season.