Women’s basketball gets three new recruits

As head coach Beth O’Boyle continues re-vamping the women’s basketball program, the team announced the signings of Brittany Snow, Kim Hanlon and Alyssa Coiro to national letters of intent for the 2012-13 season on Wednesday.

“I couldn’t be more excited to welcome Brittany, Kim and Alyssa to the Stony Brook family,” O’Boyle said in a press release. “They are each talented and skilled players who will be great additions to our program. But more importantly they are exactly the type of student-athletes that we want on our team.”

From Seneca High School in New Jersey, Snow is ranked by MaxPreps.com as the 47th-best recruit in the state.

The 6-0 forward averaged 17.3 points and 10 rebounds per game in her junior year, and was named an All-South Jersey second team by the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Also hailing from New Jersey, Coiro is a 6-1 forward currently playing at Rutgers Prep.

In addition to being the captain of the basketball team, she is also a member of the school’s volleyball team, which won the state’s championship this year.

Hanlon is a 5-8 guard from White Plains, New York. She is a two-time all-league player at White Plains High School and was selected to play in the most recent Metro Classic, a showcase of select players from New York City, Long Island and the Lower Hudson Valley area.

The team currently has four seniors: guards Misha Horsey and Tamiel Murray, guard/forward Whitney Davis and forward/center Destiny Jacobs.

O’Boyle could not be reached for comment.