Men’s Soccer beats Albany, advances to America East finals

The Stony Brook men’s soccer team took apart Albany this past Wednesday to clinch a spot in the America East conference finals. Scoring two goals in the opening three minutes of the second half, the Seawolves took what was a 0-0 halftime score and turned it into a 3-1 victory UAlbany.

Christian Molinar got things started for Stony Brook finding a streaking Leonardo Fernandes for an easy chip in goal just two minutes into the second half.

Less than a minute later, Fernandes found junior Antonio Crespi running down the middle of the field. Crespi outmaneuvered an Albany defender and found the back of the net for the Seawolves second goal of the game.

Junior Raphael Abreu put the game away in the 79th minute with a goal of his own when he picked up a loose ball in the box and put it past the Great Danes goalkeeper for a 3-0 Stony Brook lead.

With the win, Stony Brook earns itself a spot in the the conference finals for the second time in only three years. Head coach Ryan Anatol makes his first finals appearance in only his first season as the Seawolves men’s soccer team.

Stony Brook will host #5 Hartford this Sunday at 6 p.m at LaValle Stadium for the conference championship.