Seawolves Come Home, Hungry For A Win

A few days away from the big homecoming football game, Stony Brook University is buzzing with anticipation. The annual main event is a vibrant display of school spirit, and the Seawolves will have a sea of red cheering them on as they compete in their first Big South Conference game, against the Presbyterian College Blue Hose.

Needless to say, Stony Brook needs a win. After falling to Massachussets last week, the team holds a subpar 1-3 record. However, the Seawolves’ opponents come into the battle limping as well. Presbyterian is winless at 0-4, looking to pick up its first win while spoiling the Seawolves’ homecoming. The two teams occupy the last two spots in conference rankings, with Presbyterian keeping Stony Brook out of last place.

If last week’s game was important, this one is crucial. It will be the difference between drawing closer to a .500 record, or falling even more out of the conversation about Big South Conference championship contenders.

‘I’m excited,’ said 21 year-old senior Jasmin Goldstein. ‘We’ll be playing our first conference game and I think school spirit is going to be high. It’s going to be a fun weekend,’ she added.

It will be even more fun if the Seawolves can pick up their second win of the season.