Overhead on Campus: Oct. 1

The antennae were up and probing again this week. And while remarks like, ‘Hey do you think Obama moved the needle on his healthcare agenda after last weekend’s media blitz?’ or, ‘The only thing more embarrassing than Tom Delay on Dancing with the Stars, was Wolf Blitzer’s performance on Jeopardy,’ didn’t bubble to the surface; the fat was certainly being chewed, and gabbers were letting it fly in this week’s mouthful of morsels’hellip;.Overheard on Campus.

Sitting on a bench, listening to passersby on the southwest side of the Melville Library:

Male Talking to Female:
‘So, now I didn’t have a phone charger’hellip; and like I had to go to all the way to the mall’hellip; and I didn’t get it back till like seven.’

Male Talking to Female:
‘It’s the one where they raised the boy to be a girl.’

Three Females: One Talking; Two Giggling:
‘I’ve got my notes, and they’re next to my lecture slides. Notes on one side, lecture slides on the other, and my book – I’ve got my book too, and I’m like’hellip;’

Dude on his Cell:
‘Hey man, sorry I had to hang up on you before, but I was in one of my classes.’

As a guy dunks his girlfriend’s head into the fountain outside of the administration building, two girls amble by midway through a conversation about snails:

Girl 1: ‘Parasites are going to be hard. I mean, I don’t even know what kind of snails they have around here.’
Girl 2: ‘At home, I have, LIKE, the hugest snails!’

Two guys walking down a shaded path outside of the Earth Science building:

‘Think about it, do you know how difficult Professor Schwartz’s exams would be without the code?’

Say Something Interesting, and Get’hellip;’hellip;Overheard on Campus!