Blog: Intro To The Stony Brook Film Festival

Joe is a sideburns-wearing, hyphen-using, Q-Tip loving compulsive stove-top cleaner residing in NY. He really likes movies. He is co-founder and contributing Visionary at twovisionaries.com.

_________________________________

So you’re a Stony Brook student. Okay; Good for you.

I am, too. Luckily, here at SB, we have lots of wonderful opportunities available to us which we can take advantage of. The only thing you have to do is find them.

I love films. Since 1996, the Stony Brook Film Festival (which I will refer to as SBFF from here on out) is one of those wonderful opportunities available to us. Taking advantage of this wonderful blogging opportunity, I will be attending the festival for the purpose of self enlightenment. Really, that’s the number one reason. But why should you be grateful? Because I will be sharing with YOU, my readers, the enlightenment I will be taking away from the festival. This enlightenment will roll downhill onto the blog for everyone to eat. With that established, I expect all of you to read this blog on a daily basis.

Moving onward, If you need further explanation, the SBFF is a festival of films – a showcase of independent works from filmmakers around the globe. It lasts July 21st – 30th at our very own Staller Center for the Arts. The theater handles two screenings per night, typically around the 7 and 9pm hours. You can check out a schedule of the screenings here.

Tickets are priced accordingly. $7 for students, $9 for non-students/per screening.
    A pass to every screening can be purchased for $75.

Hope to see you there!