Men’s Soccer Drops Conference Opener

The Stony Brook University men’s soccer team opened conference play on Saturday, falling to #16 Boston University, 3-0.

The Terriers scored all of their goals in the first half of play. Redshirt freshman goalkeeper Anthony Rogic (Boonton, N.J.), who came on at the half for the Seawolves, made three saves en route to a perfect second half in goal.

Stony Brook’s offense, which has been averaging more than a goal a game, was held scoreless for just the third time this year. The sputtering Seawolves attack managed only four shots. Not a single one of those shots was on goal. By comparison, BU had 12 shots, with eight of them hitting the target.

Stony Brook fell to 1-8-2 on the season. The Seawolves are next in action on Wednesday when they visit #18 UMBC. The UMBC Retrievers had a nine-game win streak snapped on Saturday when they opened play at Vermont, who earned their first win of the season.
Forward Andrew Bulls has scored in all 10 games for the Retrievers. He leads the nation in goals, having found the net 13 times on the year.