Long Island Heavyweight Champion Headed to Houston

Taking the next big step in his quest for a world title fight, Central Islip, NY’s Darrel ‘King David’ Madison, the reigning NYS Heavyweight Champion, is headed to Houston, Texas, to battle hometown heavy handed puncher, Steve ‘Freight Train’ Collins, for the Vacant WBC, USNBC Heavyweight Title.

Madison, who won the NYS Title beating the Wapingers Falls tough cagey veteran Zuri Lawrence, May 2008, entered the pro ranks with an outstanding amateur pedigree, winning three Gold Glove Titles, a Ringside World Title, and was ranked in top ten of US heavyweights, before earning a 14-1, 3Ko’s record as a pro.

The Long Island native’s only loss, a disqualification to Jamel Perry, found a way out claiming that he could not continue after a rabbit punch. Madison who trains in Gym U in Brooklyn, NY, would not be discouraged running off thirteen straight wins. His last was a big win over Newburgh, NY’s Nagy ‘Dominican Dynamite’ Aguilera, defending his NYS Title in Saratoga just last month. Power punching Collins, 20-1, 15Ko’s has been fighting like a runaway train, and is coming in on his own 13 fight win streak, finishing 9 of the 13 inside the distance.

The two are scheduled to meet October 8th, in the main event of Savarese Promotions ‘Fists of Fury’ at the beautiful Hilton Americas Houston Hotel 1600 LamarHouston, TX 77010, (713) 739-8000.

For more information go to www.StrictlyBusinessBoxing.com or www.savaresepromotions.com.