Vegetarian? Choose Zen Palate

Are you a vegetarian? Do you have trouble finding places to eat? Well, if the usual veggie burger, cheese pizza, or bean burrito is getting you down, you might want to try, Zen Palate. As a vegetarian myself, I was quite impressed with the overall service and quality food of the Zen Palate Establishment. The Zen Palate establishment was started in New York City in 1994. Later on, several other locations were opened up including one reasonably close by on Long Island.

The goal of the Zen Palate establishment is not simply to make any type of vegetarian food. Dining at Zen Palate, one can try a variety of foods that blend Eastern and Western cuisine with a focus on promoting health. The establishment was founded by a group of Buddhist vegetarians living in New York City. According to a statement posted on the Zen Palate website, due to the wishes of the Buddhist founders, no alcoholic drinks are served at Zen Palate. In addition, the Zen Palate establishment cites being named as one of the “Best Healthy Dining” and “Best Vegetarian Dining” restaurants in New York. The citation received from the AOL Citysearch 2005.

Taking a look at the menu (http://www.zenpalate.com/menu.php), one can see the wide array of food options that are available. While some of the prices may seem a little steep, amounting to about 25 dollars per person, the portion sizes are rather large. Thus, with a couple of friends, sharing a large entr