Seawolves Unstoppable in Conference Play

The Stony Brook Seawolves defeated the St. Francis (PA) Red Flash by a score of 30-20, to retain their perfect record in conference play. This is the first time Stony Brook has been perfect in their first 3 conference games since joining the NEC in 1999.

The Seawolves offense was very effective, especially in their passing game. Josh Dudash threw for 314 yards and completed 22 of 27 passes, with two resulting in a touchdown, including a 40-yard pass to Lynell Suggs.

Freshman Cory Giddings, last week’s defensive hero, was one once again an integral part of the win. He intercepted the ball when the Red Flash deep in SBU territory, and returned a blocked extra point for a safety.

The Red Flash’s undoing was turnovers, much like Albany last week. In addition to the aforementioned interception and blocked PAT, they lost a fumble deep in their own territory in the first quarter, which became an SBU touchdown just 2 plays later.

Stony Brook continues to share the #1 spot with Robert Morris, which won in double overtime. They come to Stony Brook in two weeks. Stony Brook’s next game is against Sacred Heart. They have a 1-2 conference record, and 2-5 overall. The game is at LaValle Stadium with kickoff is at 1PM.