Annual Arts Fest to Feature Entertainment and Fun

Stony Brook University’s annual Shirley Strum Kenny Student Arts Festival will take place April 3 through April 10, 2003. All of the events will be open to community members.

Two of the featured programs are the student talent show and the street fair. There is no charge for either event, and both will take place on Wednesday, April 9.

The street fair will run from 12:40 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., and will be held on the campus’ academic mall and in the Student Activities Center Lobby. There will be ethnic displays, free refreshments, henna tattoos, various vendors, a cartoonist and demonstrations by several different student groups. WBLI will be broadcasting live from Stony Brook’s campus.

The talent show, which starts at 8 p.m. in the Student Activities Center Auditorium, will showcase student groups as well as individuals. Among those participating will be the dance team and the step squad.

For a complete listing of the week’s activities, please see the most recent edition of Happenings, available in the Administration building and many other campus and community locations.

For more information e-mail [email protected] or visit the arts festival web site at http://www.sunysb.edu/artsfest .