Stony Brook Seawolves Cream the New Hampshire Wildcats

The Stony Brookwomen’s basketball team played a very impressive game against NewHampshire on WHAT DAY, winning 90-72 and snapping a two-game losing skid.

From the beginning,the Seawolves fought hard, but the Wildcats just kept coming back. TheSeawolves were behind 38-31 with half-time was approaching.

Then theSeawolves scored seven points in a row with the help of Sherry Jordan’s threepointer to make the tie 38-38. But this wasn’t the only time during the wholegame. There was a total of eight ties.

Once again Jordanhad a great game, getting her third double-double of the season with 11rebounds and 24 points. She also got 4 steals in the game.. But she wasn’t theonly player to lead the team to victory. Stephanie Barlett scored 22 points inthe game equaling her career high and got 4 out of 7 three pointers. DanyelleIngram scored 16 points and had five assists.’ Danielle DeGiorgia finishedthe game off with 17 points.

With the help ofthese players during the game the Seawolves blasted the Wildcats 90-72 makingthem 5-13, 3-4 in the American East Standings moving them up past three teams.

This game is saidto be one of their best games, such as hitting 10-10 shots as the game waswinding down. The Seawolves never gave up even during the ties they seem towork harder

‘Justbecause its tied now we have to go out there even stronger, go at it and shutthem up,’ Forward Danielle DeGiorgia said.

DieGiorgia had agreat game during the last few minutes of the game hitting her firstthree-pointer of the season

‘The hype ofthe game kept me up. I haven’t been shooting well in practice. I have beenpracticing and practicing. It wasn’t feeling good,’ Said DeGiorgia

The team has gonethrough a some ups and downs with many players having some injuries and onlysix players that can play.

Theresa LoParrinojust came back from stress fractures but they have to play without MeghanBarrett who has some soreness in her ankles, Malica Jibowu who has suffered afoot injury, and Kelly McManus is out for a long time due to an injury in herleft knee.

‘There is nogetting around that we have 6 players. Its a long season. We have to deal withit. The best way to do it is come out, get hype and win. We have to get on awinning track again. We were 2-4 now we are 3-4,’ DeGiorgio said.

The team got somegood news as well this week when one of their

biggest playersforward Sherry Jordan was named American East Player of the Week.. She also hadreceived this honor 2 weeks ago.

The Seawolves areback in action on Wednesday Feb 5th at 7pm at the Sports Complex againNortheastern