Chorus Line Composer to Perform at Staller

Award winningcomposer and pianist Marvin Hamlisch will be performing on the Main Stage atStaller Center for the Arts at 8:00 p.m. Feb. 1.

Hamlisch hascomposed pieces for films, recordings, the concert hall and the stage including’They’re Playing Our Song,’ ‘Sweet Smell of Success,”Imaginary Friends’ and ‘A Chorus Line.’ He has composedthe scores for more than 40 motion pictures, most notably his Oscar-winningscore and song for The Way We Wereand The Sting.

He has won everymajor award that exists for composers including three Oscars, four Grammys,four Emmys, three Golden Globes and a Tony. Hamlisch also won a Pulitzer Prizefor his show, A Chorus Line.He is currently serving as the Principal Pops Conductor with the PittsburghSymphony Orchestra and the National Symphony Orchestra in Washington, D.C.

J. Mark McVey,who has performed with Hamlisch and leading orchestras around the country, willbe Hamlisch’s guest during this show. McVey won the Helen Hayes Award forOutstanding Actor while on tour with Les Miserables and made his Broadway debutplaying Jean Valjean in the show. His latest album, ‘?If You Really KnewMe: The Music of Marvin Hamlisch,’ features new arrangements withHamlisch on piano and is available at www.jmarkmcvey.com.

The Stallerperformance is sponsored by Teachers Federal Credit Union. Tickets for theshow are $38 and can be ordered at www.stallercenter.comor by calling (631) 632-ARTS.

Photo editors–Photo at stallercenter.com/0203/images. Scroll down to marvinpagesize2.jpg ormarvin_hamlisch.jpg