To: All members of the Stony Brook Community

The CHOICECenter, which specializes in health education and is the ‘?prevention armof the Student Health Service,’ would like to publish an interactivecolumn biweekly to present individuals with accurate information about healthissues, clarify misconceptions and offer advice on healthy living fromqualified health care professionals. However, the success of this outreach effortis entirely dependent on your response as readers. Please email your questionsto [email protected] or to the CHOICE Center directly at [email protected].

If you areconcerned, or are simply curious about any health and wellness topics, it isguaranteed that there are several others who would find these issues relevanttoo. Not only do we hope to raise awareness of general health conditions, butwe also aspire to make the excellent resources offered by Stony Brook’s,Student Health Service, more accessible and familiar to the student body. Weare aware that unless you reside in Mendelsohn or H Quad, the Student HealthCenter (Infirmary) is a remote building neglected even by our campus bus route.

Yourconfidentiality is assured and we promise not to censor the type of healthconcerns addressed. Questions that are informative to the student body will be printed. Unfortunately, wewon’t be able to publish all the questions received and at times maychoose to focus on a specific theme. If you have any health issues or concernsthat require immediate consultation, please feel free to make use of thecontact info listed below.

PeterMastroianni, Health Educator, 2-9338 Kathleen Flynn-Bisson, Health Educator2-6682: Ellen Driscoll, Substance Abuse Counselor 2-6450: DebbieFreund-Baldwin, Social Worker 2-6042 Student Health Service Main Desk 2-6740 Orthe University Counseling Center at: 2-6720