Throw Us a Friggin’#146; Bone Here

We want to provide the campus community with the latest news, but when we don’#146;thave access to that news ourselves, it is kind of tough.

There have been a plethora of activities and events going on this summer. Carnivals,lectures, governors at the SAC. We try our best to stay up to speed with thecurrent goings-on. However, there doesn’#146;t seem to be anyone assisting usin this endeavor lately.

Yes, we’#146;ve moaned and groaned before over the lack of dissemination ofinformation about happenings on campus. During the school year, though, therewe were usually aware of major events, and there were signs and posters hereand there to help us out if we hunted for long enough. We were also bombardedwith calls, e-mails, and letters begging for a little (or a lot) of coveragefor the Students for a Free Al Sharpton mocktails and line dancing hour. Yes,we admit that we’#146;ve complained about that, too, but it almost sounds appealingat this point.

With the school year approaching, the summer dry spell will soon be history(we hope), but we would still appreciate a heads-up if, say, a huge conferencewith attendees from all over the country is being held on our grounds. Thanksin advance.