Students Celebrate Roth Opening

Students have been pouring into Roth Food Court since the cafeteria opened its doors on Oct. 27.

To officially commemorate the opening of the cafeteria, last Tuesday Campus Dining held a grand opening celebration. The celebration had an arts and crafts table, a caricature artist, personalized graffiti t-shirts and a live band.

“Its been more than a year since Roth has been open, it’s really exciting,” said Emily Logan, a junior who works with campus dining.

Logan, among other campus dining employees, spent the evening helping out with the event. The craft table let students paint and decorate jewelry boxes and picture stands. The caricature artist was very popular and many students toughed it out on the line to have their picture drawn.

Long Island’s own Peat Moss and the Fertilizers provided the entertainment for the evening. They covered songs such as “Beat It” by Michael Jackson and other hits. Students seemed to enjoy their performance and some even broke out a few dance moves.

Campus Dining also administered a survey. The survey asked students questions such as what types of food and franchise restaurants would they like to see at the Roth Food Court.

Pallavi Mathur, a junior who helped with the event, said the survey was given to help Campus Dining adapt to student dining preferences.