Summer Movie List

With the joys of summer come the most anticipated blockbusters of the year. Although summer is the ideal time to sit outside and catch some rays, everyone needs something to occupy their time on a cool summer night or a rainy day. This year there are several movies competing for that number one spot at the box office.

“Sex and the City” has been an HBO hit ever since it first hit the air. With the new fad of making television shows into DVDs, every girl and the unfortunate boyfriend has had a chance to catch up and fall in love with this series. After much anticipation, Sarah Jessica Parker and the girls are making it to the big screen.

There have been several speculations and rumors circulating about what will happen between the infamous couple, Carrie and Big. Some critics and fans believe that because of the shot of Carrie in a wedding dress shown in the trailer that they will be getting married, but can Big put aside his past of having a wandering eye and commit? To find out, catch the movie on May 30.

Another anticipated movie of the summer is the “Dark Knight” which kicks off July 18. This movie is the final part to the “Batman” series, which started three summers ago. In “Dark Knight,” Bruce Wayne and his alter ego Batman must keep the streets of Gotham City safe from the villain, The Joker.

There are several reasons to catch this film on the big screen, the first being that it is the last installment of a three part series. The second reason is that critics are already predicting that this will be the best movie of the series. Lastly, “Dark Knight” is packed with a star studded cast including; Christian Bale, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Morgan Freeman and the late Heath Ledger. For the comedy lovers out there searching for a summer flick, “Hancock,” starring Will Smith, is like the way to go. “Hancock” is a parody on the infamous “Spiderman” quote, “With great power comes great responsibility.” Smith plays a careless, edgy, sarcastic superhero who saves lives — but not without leaving a mass amount of chaos in his wake. After saving the life of a P.R. executive — played by Jason Bateman — this superhero begins to realize that maybe his feelings are stronger than he thinks. For those still not convinced, Charlize Theron will also be appearing in the movie, which is set to hit theatres on July 2.

For more information on any of the films you can check the official sites: http://www.sexandthecitymovie.com, http://thedarkknight.warnerbros.com and http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/hancock. .