Fantasy Baseball Challenge

Fantasy baseball is played by millions of people every year. The strategy involved in drafting a successful team, coupled with six months of decision-making makes it a tough game to continually dominate. Fantasy sports in general have changed the way people watch games. Before fantasy baseball, a Padres-Reds game during the dog days of summer barely registered on my radar. But now if I have Jake Peavy, I’m as interested about how performance as if my favorite team was playing.

Here at the Statesman we like to come up with ways to involve the readers, which is why we put our heads together and came up with a doozy, a way to put a challenge to the readers. So without further ado I present’hellip;.The Statesman Fantasy Baseball Challenge! Its going to have some of your favorite Statesman sports writers like Gene, Shonto, myself and maybe others. As for the reader portion of the league I will be analyzing your applications with utmost scrutiny.

It will be a basic rotisserie league with 5 x 5 rules and 12 teams. I want it to be people who are competitive and won’t quit the league. If you’re worried about the level of competition let me assure you that our writers will bring the fire, as the young people say nowadays. I can’t wait to see you guys in the virtual diamond that is the intensity of fantasy sports.