Arizona Senator John McCain

John McCain has been a stallion of the Republican Party for as long as most of us can remember. His bid in 2000 brought him to the doorstep of the White House, and his experience as both a politician and a decorated war veteran gives him a profound understanding of the needs and desires of the American people.

While we do not agree with Senator McCain on several issues, we feel that he represents the conservatism of old; before the movement became perverted by a new breed of radical and hyper religious right wing pundits. His bipartisan efforts in Congress are unparalleled amongst his rivals, and his straight-forwardness, while at times crass and filled with harsh rhetoric, is rare.

Senator McCain has a firm sense of where he stands on issues like torture, and even though he may break party lines, his opinions cannot be swayed. In what has been whittled down to essentially a two-man race, McCain has emerged not just as a front-runner but as the clear candidate to restore the Republican party to the more moderate ground it once coveted so dearly.