Patriots Are Hurting The Game

The New England Patriots are evil. Perhaps it is a New York sports fan talking rather than a football fan, but a Patriots victory this weekend will harm the game of football.

For starters, the bad guys aren’t supposed to win. The Patriots have been bullies all season long, going for it God knows how many times on fourth and one, driving relentlessly down the field time and time again, starting the regulars on the last game of the regular season against these very same New York Giants; Belichick is a Mussolini of a coach.

When Miami reached perfection, they were gallant. Maybe it was a different era, a sporting world without the 24-hour news cycle and the like, but Don Shula’s Dolphins of ’72 were a different breed of perfection.

Now, this is not to say I don’t respect what the Patriots did. Sixteen straight wins is a hard task in any sport. But couldn’t they have had an ounce of modesty?

Come back in three months or so and ask me about the Yankees and I’m sure I’ll have a fresh outlook about dominance throughout the league. Until then though, I think I’ll continue fighting the man.