Pats Win = Good

Superbowl XXXXLLLLVIVIIV’hellip; whatever it may be, is one for the ages. One of the most hated, polarizing team in the NFL, if not all of sports, is set to take the field this Sunday for a showdown against the upstart Giants. As has been beaten into our heads by ESPN and other sports outlets, a win will cap off a perfect season, and cement their status as the G.O.A.T. (greatest of all time).

I have to say a win Sunday, despite my New York loyalties and queasy-ness with Boston’s success in everything it seems but hockey, will be great for the NFL. Tom Brady and the Pat’s have overcome (or weaseled their way through) a spying controversy, a season full of teams who would love nothing more than to knock them off, and Randy Moss’s erratic personality. Their organization, like the Spurs, makes winners and is built on chemistry and hard work, with talent to boot.

A perfect run to the Superbowl is great, but the prospects of this final win will win over even more fans. Admittedly a passive football fan, their success this season has made me tune in and want to see what all the noise is about. Their success is a rallying point for either fans to root for them, or to hope that they crash and burn. Either way they’ve done wonders for the already successful NFL, and if they win Sunday, the passive crowd will want to check out next season to see when they finally do get knocked off. If that ever happens.