Best of the Break: Winter 2008

Emily Gover:

I loved Editors’s “An End Has A Start” because Tom Smith’s voice blended with the band’s flawless indie-alt rock in opener “Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors” leaves the listener with nothing but a good feeling for this up and coming British group.

I loved Nick Hornby’s “How To Be Good” because it’s another great addition to his already wildly popular “About A Boy” and “High Fidelity.”

Maureen Hine:

I loved “Juno” because it was a feel good indie movie that combined sentiment with laughter and an awesome soundtrack. Michael Cera’s performance was flawless, he is on his way to becoming one of the most highly acclaimed actors for the new indie generation.

I loved Martha Moody’s, “Best Friends,” because as a graduating senior it reminded me that college friendships are possible to last a lifetime.

Shonto Olander:

I loved Sidney Crosby’s game winning shootout goal in the Winter Classic. The snow, freezing weather and the crazy fans made for a great show.

I loved Milan Kundera’s “Ignorance” because it shows why he’s the greatest novel writer alive.