Winter Wonderland

Winter and summer: the two extremes. Either you prefer the frosty chill of winter or the sweltering heat of summer.

Personally, I enjoy cold weather. I’d rather survive the chilly but tolerable winter than sustain the summer heat. (This is with the understanding that we’re talking about New York City’s somewhat moderate weather.)

For instance, no matter how cold the weather is outside, all you have to do to combat the chill is bundle up in more layers. But you can’t remove your skin to alleviate the sweltering heat, can you?

There’s also nothing quite like catching the first snowfall in your mouth as you dance along the streets during winter. And there’s something so very endearing about watching clouds form from your breath in the cold.

Winter also offers the best of both worlds.

While it’s true that the beach is a requisite destination during summer vacation, what other activities can most people partake in? Perhaps a few sports activities such as soccer and baseball with one or two lame barbecues in between.

But think of all the sports offered in the winter: basketball, football, ice hockey, snowboarding, skiing, and ice-skating.

There are parties galore for those who prefer a wild nightlife; from family gatherings to bars and lounges to sizzling nights at Webster’s Hall.

With these kinds of activities, who needs summer after all?

And girls, winter is the time when you can accessorize! From hats, scarves, mittens, gloves, boots to peacoats, down and leather jackets.

You don’t have to worry about tan lines, skin cancer or orange-looking Umpa Lumpa skin.

Besides, there’s a reason why some of the best holidays all occur in the winter. Think of Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Ramadan, New Year’s, Chinese New Year’s and Divali.

It makes me wonder, what does the summer offer?