Review Sessions Under Fire… Unbelievable

Finals are next week. Students are studying. They went to a review session from, apparently, an exceptionally good tutor.

A member of the Chemistry Department broke up the review session? Assistant Chief Little did not have anything to say about the Chemistry Department of Professor Hanson’s intrusion, other than by saying that “Jason” was not following proper policy.

This is beyond ridiculous. If the university was ticked off because someone, like “Jason,” who doesn’t have a Ph.D., was garnering widespread support of the student body, then we have to say, the student body should be equally ticked off by the incompetence of the university they attend.

From what we hear, “Jason” has been giving providing tutoring services for a long time. For someone like “Jason,” who the students truly look to for support in studying for exams, to have trouble securing the opportunity to offer his services on campus, it just seems unbelievable.

Understandably, “Jason” does make a sizable amount of money from his tutoring sessions, money that the university doesn’t see. But for something so innocent: students trying not to fail a chemistry exam, why does the university have to wag its big stubby finger? And when we have such a high number of real crimes occurring on campus on daily basis, why oh why do the Police Department and the university care about disrupting students trying to get good grades?

The answer, we may never know.