A’E Beatnote

Haters beware! On Wednesday Nov. 14, all students, staff, faculty and members of the community are welcomed to participate in a discussion and exchange of ideas and solutions in the never-ending effort to stop violence. ‘Hate Crimes: Seeking Solutions for Communities’ is a panel presentation and participant discussion presented by Dr. Joan Kuchner, director, child and family studies , and faculty member, Anne Raybin, in the Student Activity Center’s Ballroom B, 12:45 – 2:30 p.m. This is an opportunity for you, your family and your friends to be heard, voice opinions, make suggestions and explore the thoughts and feelings of others. Let’s problem-solve together!

‘ ‘ Panelists are Chair, Suffolk County Human Rights Commission Rabbi Steven Moss; Assistant Professor of Psychology Bonita London, Ph.D.; Commanding Officer of the Hate Crimes Bureau for the Suffolk County Police Force Detective Sergeant Robert Reecks; Chair, Brookhaven Anti-Bias Task Force and President, Islamic Association of Long Island Nayyar Imam.