Wolfie’s Weekend Preview

Men’s Basketball

Friday, Nov. 9 is the Men’s season opener against sophomore Scottie Reynolds and the #25 Villanova Wildcats. Last season Stony Brook hosted the Wildcats, and lost in a 72-44 blowout’ in front of a sellout crowd of over 4,000. Friday’s road game will be televised on FSNY, tipping off at 7:00 PM. On Monday, Nov. 12, the Seawolves have their home opener against Lafayette, starting at 7:00 PM.

Women’s Basketball

Also on Friday night Women’s Basketball is in action, facing Iona at home. Last season the ladies finished 2nd in the America East Conference, led by Seniors Jessica Smith and Mykeema Ford, and coached by former WNBA Coach Maura McHugh. The team returns one player from last year’s starting rotation (Dana Ferraro) but has a new head coach, former assistant Michele Cherry. The home opener against Iona tips off at 7:00 PM. On Sunday, Nov. 11 the Seawolves travel to Storrs, Connecticut to face UConn (tip off at 2:00 PM).

Football

Football plays its final home game of the season against CCSU on Saturday, Nov. 10, kicking off at 1:00 PM. The team stands at 5-4 after a blowing out Bryant in a 30-0 home win.

Volleyball

Thursday, Nov. 9 the Seawolves are looking to build on their nine game win streak on the road against Binghamton, starting at 7:00 PM. The last time the teams met was Nov. 7, a decisive 3-1 win that was led by Morgan Sweany’s 26 kills. The team has cruised to the top of the America East, with a 9-1 record and 21-7 overall. The team travels for their season finale against UMBC on Sunday, Nov. 11. The Seawolves need to win only one of the next two games to clinch the top seed in the conference.

Cross Country

Saturday Nov. 11 marks Cross Country’s first meet in two weeks in the NCAA regional championships in Boston. Hosting the America East Championships on Nov. 27, the women’s team claimed their first-ever conference title, while Alex Felce led the men’s team to a second place finish behind New Hampshire.

Swimming

Men’s and women’s swimming return home Saturday to face America East Conference rival Maine, beginning at 11:00 AM. Take a look at Mike Fodera’s swimming rundown for the latest on Stony Brook swimming.