Women’s Tennis Finishes Season Strong

Stony Brook’s Women’s Tennis ended their fall season last weekend (Oct. 26-28) in Hanover, New Hampshire at the Big Green Invitational, which was hosted by Dartmouth University. Coach Gary Glassman stated that, “Overall, I thought we played pretty well. In the first round against Army I was disappointed with the way we competed. From then on – it was a very good effort!”

Some players worth noting from the tournament are Paola Rodolfi and Claudia Sanua. They played in the number 1 and 2 spots respectively and had some great results. Both players won two of their three singles matches and teamed up to win their only doubles match. Sanua also won her other doubles match with Erica Federgreen.

The team played against players from Army, the University of Massachusetts, and Syracuse University. Coach Glassman had this to say about the tournament, “In general – it was a tough tournament and all of the teams were strong. Therefore, nobody had an easy match.”

Being that the fall season has come to a close, the next time Stony Brook Women’s Tennis team will play is in February. “The fall season went pretty well and we certainly have a lot of work to do between now and February,” Coach Glassman said. “Our goal is to win the America East Championship and that will take an enormous team effort.”