Men’s Soccer Picks Up Two Conference Victories

Men’s Soccer Beats Albany

SB was able to snap its two game losing streak and keep its undefeated home record intact with a 1-0 victory over Albany Wednesday night. The win improved SB to 8-6-2 overall on the season, and 2-3-2 in conference.

Maurice Brown scored his third goal of the season in the 59th minute. In a tight, feisty game, three yellow cards were handed out in the final three minutes, including one to SB’s Mahamadou Simpara.

Dawid Ditrich made three saves to pick up the shutout, making his best save of the night in the 28th minute on a close range shot from Albany’s Gaby Seguin-Gauthier.

Albany’s Steward Ceus was nearly as good as Ditrich, making five saves. His spectacular one handed save on Oscar Leis in the 6th minute kept SB from gaining momentum and taking the early lead. Leis had another good chance in the first half, but was unable to beat Ceus.

SB’s defense was solid once again, allowing Albany to attempt only nine shots, only three of which made it on goal. Albany did not record a shot on goal in the second half.

SB Holds On In Maine

SB picked up its second conference win of the week on Saturday, defeating Maine in a 1-0 defensive battle. SB’s only goal came in the 41st minute when a Maine player headed the ball into his own goal.

Dawid Ditrich had to make only two saves to pick up the shutout. The SB offense managed only four shots on goal, including two by Michael Palacio, in a sloppy game on a rain soaked field. The win moved SB to 3-3-2 on the season in conference, and was their first road conference win of the year. They have one more conference game left when they host Binghamton Nov. 3 in the teams final game of the season.

Their next game is Wednesday night, when they host Yale in a non-conference game at 7:00PM.