Once You Go Mac…

Apple Inc. has reached the pinnacle of corporate success. Mac computers have a loyal following (they had me at that ‘Hello!’ that pops up when you first turn one on), iPods have outperformed beer in the race for college students’ affection according to USA Today, and the iPhone? Almost four months after its release, lines in Apple’s brick-and-mortar stores are still snaking in and out of the displays.

The clout is not undeserved, either. The number of reasons that Macs are amazing is rivaled only by the number of reasons that PC’s aren’t. Macs are faster, safer, and more equipped than any Microsoft-powered box. And now they are selling at a faster rate than the entire rest of the personal computer market. I will concede that my Mac took a tumble recently which resulted in the loss of my hard drive, but Apple is replacing it for free, a fact that my esteemed yet misguided opponent will no doubt ignore.

Macs are the future of the computer industry, whether PC users admit it or not. Vista added features that have been on Macs for years, and Apple is releasing their new system this week, one that is sure to outperform Vista.

Much of Apple’s success has to do with the design team. Everything that their experts touch emerges looking like the hand of God had a role in its creation. Think back to elementary school guys; remember the Walkman? Now look at your iPod. I rest my case.