Women’s Soccer Extends Win Streak

Women’s soccer won their third straight game on Sunday with a 1-0 home victory over Albany.’ The win extended their unbeaten streak to nine.’ SB is now 7-2-4 on the season, and 4-0-1 in conference play.’ The loss drops Albany to 4-7-3, 1-4-0 in the conference.

Trine Allenberg scored the game’s only goal on an assist from Kristin Mishrell in the 86th minute to break a scoreless tie.’ She took a high bouncing pass over the middle of the field and was able to chip it over the charging goaltender, Maria Liquori.’ Allenberg found the back of the net after misfiring on her first two shot attempts, one of which was a header in the box that she deflected just over the crossbar.’

During the nine game unbeaten streak, goaltender Marisa Viola has allowed only one goal.’ After the shutout against Albany, the team has not given up a goal in 814:38.’ Viola was tested by seven Albany shots, but was able to stop them all.

Forward Brooke Barbuto spurred the offense.’ On two occasions she sped past her defender down the left sideline and set up scoring chances in the box.’ She also led the team with four shots on goal.’ SB had 11 total shots on net.

The teams next game is Oct. 14 at Binghamton.’ The Bearcats are 2-9-2 on the season, and 1-3-0 in America East play.’ The game is scheduled to kick off at 7:00 PM.