Wolfie’s Recap and Weekend Preview

Football

QB Josh Dudash and the Seawolves (3-2) fell to rival Hofstra in a 33-28 thriller last weekend. The team found the endzone four times with a one yard run by RB Conte Cuttino and three touchdown passes by Dudash, but Hofstra’s home field advantage was too much to overcome. They will travel to Albany to face the Great Danes on Saturday, Oct. 6. Game time is scheduled for 4:00 PM.

Men’s Soccer

The Seawolves (6-3-1) traveled to College Park, MD to face Maryland in the end of their early season non-conference schedule. Senior Mahamadou Simpara, assisted by Petar Rakovic and Michael Palacio, scored the lone Stony Brook (SB) goal at 60:50. The goal came shortly after Maryland had taken a 1-0 lead off of Billy Cortes’ header in the 56th minute. The Seawolves will face UMBC on Saturday, Oct. 6 at 1:00 PM.

Women’s Soccer

Women’s soccer (4-2-3) match up against West Point was cancelled Tuesday night, the second time the game has been cancelled. Sue Ryan’s squad will travel to face Hartford on Thursday, kicking off at 6:00 PM.

Volleyball

Jackie Ahlers and Seawolves Volleyball (12-7) fell in five games to visiting Albany on Sunday, snapping their eight-game win streak. Volleyball will be in action on Friday, Oct. 5 when they host UMBC at 7:00 PM.

Tennis

This Saturday both Men and Women’s tennis will host Hofstra (9:00 AM) and St. Peters (3:00 PM).

Cross Country

SB’s Men and Women’s Cross Country competed in the Paul Short Invitational last Saturday, with the Women’s team finishing 5th overall and the Men finishing 17th. Shaun Krawitz led the Seawolves with a time of 24:41 in the Men’s 8k race, while Laura Huet finished her 5k with a 21:21 time for the Women. On Saturday, Oct. 13 the Women’s squad will travel to Indiana State University for the Pre-NCAA Meet, while the Men compete in the Lafayette Invitational in Easton, PA.

Swimming

Men and Women’s swimming travels to West Point, NY on Friday, Oct. 5th. The Men will face home team Army at 6:00 PM, while the Women face Vermont at 6:00 PM.