Police Blotter

Family Feud

On Friday August 24th, around 8:42AM a situation occurred when a dispute broke out between a parent and child. Situation was handled and dispute was broken up.

Flooding

The 3rd floor of the Health Science Center was found flooding around 9:56 Friday morning. Flooding was contained and the problem was fixed.

Dozing Student

A student was found sleeping in an unauthorized area of the Old Engineering building around 2:30PM. Situation was corrected when student was removed from the area.

Stuck Elevator

A University Hospital Elevator on the fifth level broke down when the doors would not close around 8:00PM. Maintenance crews were able to correct the situation.

Hiding Male

A suspicious man was found hiding in the woods outside of ambulatory surgery around 9:00PM on Friday. Male was escorted to the University Hospital Emergency Room.

Car Crunch

A car accident occurred in H-Quad Langmuir Parking Lot around 12:00PM on Saturday August 25th.

Suspicious Person

A suspicious female was found in the Health Science Center Core Room 2154B. After being issued a trespass warning, female was escorted off property.

Sleeping

A suspicious male was found sleeping under the CMM Underpass. Male was escorted to Chapin H around 3:30AM on the 27th.

Bad Advertising

Unlawful posting and advertising took place outside of the Stony Brook Union near the parking lot. Situation was corrected around 9:30AM on August 27th.

Fire

A small fire occurred near the main entrance around 2:00PM on the 27th. Fire was extinguished by Fire Safety shortly after.

Vandalized Car

A criminal misdemeanor was done to a car in the University Hospital around 5:00PM on the 27th.

Another Car vandalized

A passenger side window on a vehicle was vandalized in the Hand College Parking lot around 6:30AM on Tuesday the 29th.