2.68 Million Dollars Allocated for 07-08 Clubs and Organizations

The Undergraduate Student Government (USG) has recently released the budget for all USG funded clubs and organizations for the 07-08 academic year.’ Included in the budget is the money that was requested by new and established USG clubs, the money that was actually granted by decision of the USG Senate Budget Committee, along with funds allocated for USG agencies and other administrative needs for USG.

In all, 153 organizations were funded.’ The 22 new clubs, 87 previously established clubs, 27 building recreation LEGs, along with 24 other organizations and USG agencies will share a part of the 2.68 million dollar budget for the 07-08 academic year. Several graphs presented on page 5 describe funding changes for the 87 clubs that had received funding for the 06-07 year and continued to receive funding for the 07-08 year.’

Funding changes are shown in fold change, that is, the proportion of funding received by a club for 07-08 compared to the funding received for 06-07 (including the funding added through the Fall 2006 revision process).’ Another graph also shows the actual volume change in funding for these 87 clubs.

If you feel your funding has been cut unfairly, please send a message to [email protected].