Men’s and Women’s Tennis Sweep Hartford.

The Women’s Tennis team swept Hartford 7-0 on Saturday. The girls won their 10th match and now have an overall record of 10-2 and 2-1 in America East play. Paola Rodolfi and Erica Federgreen led the doubles matches with a win at No. 1, 8-3. Claudia Sanua and Brooke Flanigan came in second with a win of 8-0, and Victoria Vovsha and Caitlin Crowley won at No. 3, 8-0.

The Seawolves stayed on top in the singles matches, sweeping Hartford in every set. Rodolfi led the pack, winning at No. 1 with a score of 6-0, 6-1. Sanua wasn’t far behind, winning at No. 2, 6-3, 6-0. Federgreen came in third with a score of 6-0, 6-1. Flanigan won at No. 4, 6-0, 6-0. Vovsha won at No. 5, 6-0, 6-0 and Shaina Murugan completed the sweep with a 6-0, 6-0 win at No. 6. The girls finished their season on Sunday with their game against Binghamton.

The Men’s team held up their side, sweeping the Hartford Hawks 7-0 on Saturday. The men swept all three doubles matches as well. Nihal Advani and Alex Markovich led the pack at No. 1, 8-7. Quirijn Van Veen and Ilan Shvartz won at No. 2, 8-4, and partners Youssef Fassi-Fehri and Jon Epstein won at No. 3, 8-2.

The singles matches were also a success, and continued SB’s sweep of the Hawks. Van Veen’s opponent retired in the second set, placing him at No. 1. Fassi-Fehri trailed at No. 2, 6-1, 6-2. Advani won at No. 3, 6-2, 6-1, Shvartz won at No. 4, 6-0, 6-2, Epstein won at No. 5, 8-0, and Markovich won at No. 6, 8-0. The wins give them an overall record of 7-10 and 1-1 in America East play.

The Seawolves will next compete in the America East tournament this Friday at Yale.