The Rumors Are True?..It’s Spring!

I woke up Friday morning absolutely ecstatic because I was fairly positive that it was finally spring. Waking up to sunshine and chirping birds was far more seasonal than the pouring rain and branches smacking against my window. What was the first thing I thought of? Spring and summer dresses, of course.

White and shades of off-white and cream will be a standout trend this season. White is always a warm weather color because it’s light and refreshing — and it tends to look fabulous with a tan. Short, tunic-style dresses in thin fabrics are a simple, smart choice. You just want to ensure a proper fit, as tunics can tend to look boxy. Eyelet and lace overlays are another gorgeous trend in shades of white. Cutouts like the eyelet, and delicate fabrics like lace, are at the top of the feminine list. Old Navy sells a short, sleeveless, eyelet dress with a v-neck, empire waist, and — best of all — barely existent pockets that only show if they’re in use. A perfect white option for less than $25.

Short and ‘frac34; length sleeve dresses are another fantastic choice for spring because they are cute, comfortable, and practical. Short or cap-sleeves will enhance a flowy, belted dress and are always complemented by a v-neck. ‘frac34; sleeve lengths are best paired with button down shirt dresses or wraps — they are somewhat casual and sporty, but if the fit is correct, they are a perfect daytime dress choice.

There are just a few more trends I feel compelled to present. Bubble dresses — dresses with a slight fold over at the bottom hem, which causes a slight ‘bubble’ effect — are an adorable and fun choice. As previously mentioned, Jersey knit dresses will be a popular choice-prints or designed Jersey fabrics create a slightly Bohemian flare combined with the flowy fabrics. Jumpers are a fun spring choice (not like the one you wore in your 4th grade school picture though). A simple, solid color jumper over a t-shirt is sweet yet sexy because it combines simplicity and youthfulness with short length and tighter fit. Lastly — and my personal favorite — old fashioned, vintage looking dresses. Lace overlays and stitch details, below the knee lengths, and higher necks are reminiscent of the 1940’s and 50’s. These types of styles are classic and feminine — and that never goes out of style.