Men’s Lacrosse Led By Adams’ Career Day

Loudonville, NY- From start to finish, Owen Adams made his presence felt, scoring the game’s first and last goals on his way to a career outing. The Seawolves needed all 4 of his goals to get past non-conference opponent Sienna in their 10-9 overtime win.

Owen’s opening goal in the first minute was part of a 3-0 run, helped by Robert Trenkle and Rhys Duch who also found the back of the net. Sienna would immediately respond with goals at 2:06 and 1:55 to end the quarter only down 3-2 and would keep it close the rest of the game.

Owen Adams 4 goals led the Seawolves, who also got help from Rhys Duch (2 goals), Larry Cerasi and Robert Trenkle (2 goals and 2 assists combined). Sienna’s Ryan Duggan and Matt Girsh each tallied a hat trick for the Saints.

Half way through the 4th quarter, the Seawolves found themselves up by 2 goals, but faltered down the stretch and allowed the Saints Matt Girsh and Ryan Duggan to tie the game up before time expired. Duggan’s tally with only 1:32 remaining sent the match into overtime.

In the sudden death play, Owen Adams found himself in perfect position and ripped one past Sienna goaltender Brent Herbst to end the contest. The win gives SB a 6-2 record, while Sienna drops to 6-4.

The Seawolves win is their sixth in seven games and comes after a tough loss to America East Conference leading Albany. So far SB’s only losses this season have come to the #1 and #2 ranked teams, Virginia and Albany, respectively. Otherwise, the Seawolves have found a way to win, with either blowouts or close games won in the final few minutes.

The Seawolves are back on the road this Saturday to face conference rival Hartford, who has struggled this season, with only one win in their first 10 games. Face-off is at 6:00 PM.