Police Blotter

Marijuana Smell

On March 19, complaint of a smell of marijuana at 9:57 PM was unfounded.

Medical Emergencies

On March 20, a succession of medical emergencies occurred at the Long Island State Veterans Home. At 6:46 PM, in the medical emergency unit 2B, a 88-year-old unknown male suffered a medical emergency. The exact nature of the condition was unknown and Emergency Medical Services were not notified. At 7:28 PM, in unit 3A, a 73-year-old unknown male suffered another emergency whose exact nature was not determined. At 7:40 PM, in unit 1A, a 75-year-old male also suffered another emergency. EMS was not notified in either case.

Grand Larceny

On March 20, a grand larceny occurred at the University Hospital’s level 1 at 4:53 PM. A laptop and a car stereo was stolen.

Car Trouble

On March 20, a car registered to NY was found honking in the parking lot next to the Social and Behavioral Sciences and the Administration building at 6:25 PM. The car was blocking another car with a NY license plate that was parked in the handicap parking lot. The situation was corrected.

Lost Earring

On March 20, a earring worth $3,000 was lost in the pool at the Sports Complex at 8:50 PM.