Women’s Lacrosse Wins 12-6

As the energetic seawolves entered the second half, the girls displayed consistency, which led them to their 5-1 win of the season against the Hawks. Jenna Celano, scoring five total goals for the game, opened the second with an unassisted goal at 27:26 on the clock, leaving a score of 7-4 on the board. Emily Jaissle, held defense in the first, with a free position shot. Sustaining the lead throughout the rest of the first, the Seawolves played their game. Carlee Buck, with an assist to Celano, gave the team a 6 point lead with 16:22 on the clock. The game, which was originally scheduled’ for Saturday, took place at Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium on Sunday at 1:00 PM.

At the opening of the second, breaking the five unreturned goals, Katie Degen of the Hawks, scored with 9:03 on the clock, leaving the score at 11-5, with the Seawolves at a continued advantage. Two of the five unanswered goals, coming from Jennifer Celano, were assisted by Kaitlin Leggio, and Carlee Buck, sustaining the Seawolves’s lead to victory.

The Seawolves, with a 12-6 victory over Monmouth, had a superior defense plan throughout the match. They gained momentum after the first and continued throughout the long haul. Coach, Allison Comito stated ‘The first half started slow but with twelve minutes left we came alive, which we had to do to stay in the game. We scored when we needed to score. It was an overall good showing from my girls.’

Leggio ended the match with three goals and one assist, while Amy Hallion recorded two goals. Goal tender, Jennifer Sandtorv contributed to the victory with a total of fifteen saves throughout the game.