Winter Storm Warning – Classes are cancelled as of 3:00 p.m.

To All Students, Faculty, and Staff:

Due to the weather conditions, classes scheduled for today, Friday, March 16 have been cancelled as of 3 PM. University Police advise that driving conditions are treacherous and urge you to take all precautions.

Please be aware that only Governor Spitzer can order State offices and facilities to be closed. When classes are cancelled, University offices are still open and employees are expected to report to work. If individual employees choose not to report to work because of weather conditions, they must call in and charge their absence to appropriate accruals with supervisory approval.

In the case of rapidly deteriorating weather conditions, which can occur during the work day, an employee who wishes to leave early must secure supervisory approval, and charge this time to appropriate accruals.

The Emergency Operations Center will continue to monitor the latest forecasts, provide notifications and update information on the Emergency Management website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/emergency/status.shtml, WUSB 90.1 FM Radio, Campus Cable Channel 8, and the usual external media stations.