Police Blotter Feb. 14-16

Snow and Ice

Between Feb.14 and Feb. 15, there were a lot of snow related accidents, including five motor vehicle accidents and a number of’ medical emergencies. On the morning of’ Feb.14, there were three accidents, including one in the South Parking Lot, one on South Drive, and one on Nichols Road, with one car leaving the scene. On the morning of Feb.15, there were two more accidents, including one in the Stadium Parking Lot and one on Entrance Drive.

There were a number of medical emergencies due to ice and snow over the course of these two days, including two accidents in Tabler Quad, one in Sanger College and one in Dreiser College. There were also medical emergencies near the’ SBU Hospital and around the Chemistry Buildings.

Small Fire

On the afternoon of’ Feb. 15 there was a small cooking related fire’ at the’ West Apartments. The SB Fire Department responded and there were no further issues.

Party

On the night of’ Feb. 15, police were needed to help break up a large party at Whitman College in Roth Quad. No further issues persisted.

Larceny

There were a few cases of larceny on Feb. 14, including a stolen’ credit card and a couple of other small items.