Police Blotter

Police Blotter for Jan. 29-Feb. 2

Stolen Computers

On the morning of Jan. 29 there were multiple accounts of grand larceny in the Health Sciences Center, including theft of three computers, along with other miscellaneous items. These items were not recovered.

Water Main Break

At 8:30 PM on Jan. 29, there was a water main break on Circle Road near the center’ for Molecular Medicine. Repairs started around 11:00 PM and all repairs were completed by the evening of Jan. 30.

Stuck Elevator

At 5:25 PM on Jan. 30, one of the elevators in the University Hospital experienced a mechanical failure, leaving people trapped between two floors. The Stony Brook Fire Department’ helped evacuate the elevator.

Ice Trouble

On both Jan. 30 and Feb. 1, there were multiple accounts of people walking and playing hockey on Roth Pond, after it froze. People’ cleared the ice upon police arrival.

Grand Larceny

On the evening of Jan. 31, there were multiple accounts of grand larceny, including stolen credit cards in the Center for Molecular Medicine and a stolen wallet’ from Ammann College.

Car Crash

There were multiple motor vehicle accidents on Feb. 1, including a car crash in the Student Activities Center loading zone,’ one near Dana Hall on South Campus, and another near E Loop and Nicolls Road.