Police Blotter

Police Blotter

Dec. 6 – Dec. 8

Accidental Fires Amass

On Dec. 6, at 9:05 AM, Benedict College in H Quad faced a fire-related cooking incident in room 005. The Fire Department was notified. Accidental fire occurred at 3:31 PM, in the Center of Molecular Medicine building, when the fire alarm was activated due to steam from a washer. The Fire Dept. was notified. At 7:45 PM, Chapin E faced an accidental cooking-related fire in room 1072, which was attended to. On Dec. 7, the fifth level in the University Hospital faced a small fire at 7:10 PM. Stern-O lit tablecloth on fire. The Setauket Fire Dept. was notified. Other than the table cloth being burned, there was minimal damage.

Gun Arrests Made

On Dec. 6, police arrested and escorted two males in Greeley College, Keller Quad at 8:14 PM. The men unlawfully possessed a pellet gun.

Medical Emergencies

On Dec. 7, a medical emergency occurred in the Student Activities Center bus loop at 5:32 PM. A male was transported to the University Hospital via the Stony Brook Volunteer Ambulance Corps. Another male was transported the same way from the Pritchard Gym in the Sports Complex at 10:23 PM. A male was transported to the University Hospital’s Emergency Room from West Apartment’s building F at 4:42 AM.

Vehicle Crimes

On Dec. 7, a petit larceny involving the theft of a vehicle’s front grill and other parts occurred at 5:28 PM in Gershwin College. At 9:07 PM, a call was transferred from county dispatch about a suspected vehicle in the Mendelssohn P lot. The reported white vehicle was purportedly driving recklessly through campus. However, patrols of adjoining P lots could not site the vehicle. It was gone on police arrival. In the University Hospital Garage, a passenger side window was smashed at 1:41 AM. A women’s pocketbook was taken with assorted items.